Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-19-24 04:32 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - What happend to ROemu? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7556 days
Posted on 12-08-02 09:03 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
What happend to all those projects of emulating the Ragnarok servers? Didn't somone say they could have one made in 2 weeks?
O well, I just hope its not dead. I really wanna play an emulated RO server (I can't pay gravity, and I can't stand them either!)

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::
weapon01

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7743 days
Last activity: 7772 days
Posted on 12-10-02 09:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
you talking about aRO? why not check their site..

I doubt it'll ever be working though

--------------------
~weapon01
site: http://dkoro.cjb.net
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7733 days
Last activity: 7485 days
Posted on 12-15-02 04:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Why wouldn't you have just caved and paid the $10USD to play in the closed beta? I mean, if you're so desperate to play that you'd actually go to the trouble to seek out underground RO emulators to play for free, should you not be ready to pay money for it as a contingency plan?

Sometimes I won't understand the lengths people will go to in order to get something good for free; it's just too much hassle to do it, unless it just so happens to slap you in the face (like weed, or Win2k).

--------------------
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7399 days
Last activity: 7399 days
Posted on 12-16-02 11:22 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
lol, I was so glad when I won win 2k...but I couldn't dual boot it...My win 98 failed on me and I spent hours fixing it. "Slap you in the face," Is that what you mean?

--------------------
Santa Smokie - Lvl 40 thieving creature.
Loots from the bad and gives to the good. Good Players can expect a jellopy in their stocking this year. Evil Players on the other hand can expect a missing glove. Where do the gloves go then? Santa smokie charges a finders fee of course.

Killing a santa smokie is bad luck, people have been known to lose many job levels when its ghost comes back to loot them. What do I recommend? Don't let it steal from you.
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7733 days
Last activity: 7485 days
Posted on 12-16-02 11:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
MingShun: Er...Yes? ;;

--------------------
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7399 days
Last activity: 7399 days
Posted on 12-17-02 02:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Lemme rephrase that: Installing win2k caused my win 98 to fail. But I think I understand what you're getting at.

I was kinda confused how Win2k was slapped in the face.
Did it screw up, and I realized I was overcharged?
Or were they giving away free promotions?
Or was it an, "I just gotta have it" kinda thing?

--------------------
Santa Smokie - Lvl 40 thieving creature.
Loots from the bad and gives to the good. Good Players can expect a jellopy in their stocking this year. Evil Players on the other hand can expect a missing glove. Where do the gloves go then? Santa smokie charges a finders fee of course.

Killing a santa smokie is bad luck, people have been known to lose many job levels when its ghost comes back to loot them. What do I recommend? Don't let it steal from you.
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7556 days
Posted on 12-18-02 02:46 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Quanta
Why wouldn't you have just caved and paid the $10USD to play in the closed beta? I mean, if you're so desperate to play that you'd actually go to the trouble to seek out underground RO emulators to play for free, should you not be ready to pay money for it as a contingency plan?

Sometimes I won't understand the lengths people will go to in order to get something good for free; it's just too much hassle to do it, unless it just so happens to slap you in the face (like weed, or Win2k).

i am FLAT BROKE and there is no way i can get money and my parents would never pay. plus, i would be interested in working on the project myself

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::
irukard

Since: 02-02-03

Since last post: 7713 days
Last activity: 7432 days
Posted on 02-02-03 01:35 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
well... i have original beta 2 server. but also i have small problem. i dont know how to connect beta 2 client to server.

in beta 1 i changed only 3 IP's in ragexe.exe and it worked. but in beta 2 changing ip dont do anything. some people says that made file clientinfo.xml should help. but it desnt work.

please help.
pROSE team

--------------------
pROSE team
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7351 days
Last activity: 7351 days
Posted on 02-02-03 11:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
the client has made its way around... i have the beta 2 client, but i promised to not distribute it *shrugs* there are more than just 3 ips to replace, their are also ips to replace for area servers and such on the server.
irukard

Since: 02-02-03

Since last post: 7713 days
Last activity: 7432 days
Posted on 02-03-03 03:44 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well. i have small idea. i think i will patch only ragnarok.exe and made patch server. If i have right grp files are transmited on normal http protocol. so using ragnarok.exe i could compres files to GRF. am i right ?

sasami u said: "their are also ips to replace for area servers and such on the server"

i know that. i have own server so on server's side i can change myself. but what do u mean by area servers?

i have another small request: could u tell me in which client files i must replace ip's. i know that some of ip are in grf archive.

IP that i find:
- ragnarok.exe -patch server
- ragexe.exe -one IP. and port -game server (6900)
- data\msgstringtable.txt. -one ip and port
and i supose i must create file clientinfo.xml or client.xml

--------------------
pROSE team
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - What happend to ROemu? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.007 seconds.