Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 10:28 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Technical Difficulties |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7617 days
Last activity: 7874 days
Posted on 01-02-03 11:36 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
This is probably a problem for a different section, but I get the feeling that this is the only part of the board that still sees service.

For some reason, whenever I login, my browser never recognizes it and as a result, I cant edit my posts. This is getting somewhat troublesime because in my LAST post, set of greater-than less-than signs blocked a peice of my text out.

> < those (may not display...)

Anyway, I'm fairly certain it's my browser that's the problem - Internet Exploder is giving me greif and Opera just isnt cutting it.

It isnt a problem with cookies, either.
-----
Thanks.
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7566 days
Last activity: 7566 days
Posted on 01-02-03 07:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
My friends have a similar problem. They complain to me about it a lot, and I think it may have somthing to do with the catche, but I'm not sure. Try refreshing a lot, or even hunting through your browser's config and disabling catche and deleteing temp files. If its somthing other than that, dunno whats goin on =\

[edit] oh and if you really need to edit your post, try hovering your mouse over the "Quote" link, and if you look in your status bar, there will be a url with some params. If you look at the value of postid (eg. ?someparams....&postid=5555) and go to editpost.php?id=[yourpostidparam] you should be able to edit it.

--------------------

(edited by lagwagon on 01-02-03 11:14 AM)
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7509 days
Last activity: 7584 days
Posted on 01-03-03 02:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Try phoenix browser.
sakura

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7445 days
Last activity: 7445 days
Posted on 01-03-03 03:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I've tried IE, Netscape, and Opera and still failed to login. I think it has something to do with the sending out of cookies, cuz it's not remembering my settings. It will log me in temporary then logs me out when I try to make a post. Strange eh? I wonder how many people are having trouble as well cuz I can't even edit my last post. I tried replacing the quote with current post #ID but I ended up on some other posts.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7409 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 01-03-03 09:07 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmm, does your problem satisfy these conditions?
1) You can create a post (by clicking "reply to" or "create")...but you usually have to type in user name and password for each one.
2) Even if you typed em in, for some reason it doesn't save, so you can't edit your post.

I had that problem. The easiest solution is to go to the bold "login" text at the top and log in that way. I think that's what really sets the cookie. (lol, I don't understand cookies yet...I think that's how browsers store information though.)

Try it out, I think it'll work.

--------------------
Santa Smokie - Lvl 40 thieving creature.
Loots from the bad and gives to the good. Good Players can expect a jellopy in their stocking this year. Evil Players on the other hand can expect a missing glove. Where do the gloves go then? Santa smokie charges a finders fee of course.

Killing a santa smokie is bad luck, people have been known to lose many job levels when its ghost comes back to loot them. What do I recommend? Don't let it steal from you.
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7617 days
Last activity: 7874 days
Posted on 01-07-03 10:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Cookies store information on your computer and send them at a sites request, I believe. They can also collect information without you realiazing it; this is the subject of some debate of internet security. An example of this is on IGN where unregestered users have an image download limit of five, I think. Tis can be defeated by simply deleting their cookie on your machine. This cookie stores the number of images you have viewed using some site-script of something-or-other, and when it's value reaches five, it feeds that back to the site which redirects you accordingly.

I think...
-----
If I'm wrong, please correct me.
-----
Oh and Ming, that's the problem exactly. I can post as much as I want, really, but I have to reeenter my username and passcode every time. That informatin isnt stored preventing my from editing. I've tried using the login option at the nav bar but it has no effect.
-----
Of course my computer is a steaming crapheap of conundrums and errors and little finicky problems, but that aside, it's ok.
and so on...
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7566 days
Last activity: 7566 days
Posted on 01-08-03 04:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
yah... sent by the client to the server on page requests.
planet-source-code.com only allows you to view 5 tips/examples before it whines to you about registering... just delete the cookie and your good to go =P

--------------------

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Technical Difficulties |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.014 seconds.