Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 06:12 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - be carefull all.... |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 01-17-03 12:00 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
my sister recieved a .exe file from one of her friends, however they were acctually a hacker pretending to be her friend, and unfortunatly she opend the file, i now have a back door hacker with access to my PC

im currently attempting to resolve the problem, this message is being typed on a spare computer and net connection, so the hacker wont find this

be carfull of friends sending .exe files, especially ones called somthing along the lines of 'blair bitch project.exe'

probably the best way of getting rid of it is to ask your ISP to change your address and format your HDD, but this is a little drastic and im first seeing if i can do anything else about it, especially if Sasami can find anything
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 01-17-03 12:15 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I've heard this many times before, but I guess it's good to keep it going. Thanks for taking the time to write this message.

--------------------
Santa Smokie - Lvl 40 thieving creature.
Loots from the bad and gives to the good. Good Players can expect a jellopy in their stocking this year. Evil Players on the other hand can expect a missing glove. Where do the gloves go then? Santa smokie charges a finders fee of course.

Killing a santa smokie is bad luck, people have been known to lose many job levels when its ghost comes back to loot them. What do I recommend? Don't let it steal from you.
Makoto

Posted on 01-17-03 12:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
ok, well, ive found out what the problem is from talking to Sasami, its a version of the Daemon trojan/back door hacking thingy that script kiddey's like to use, im in the process of removing its foul presence from my PC (no need to format :O! )
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7564 days
Last activity: 7564 days
Posted on 01-18-03 10:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I hate those people... They can use a program that does some hacking FOR them and they call themselves "l33t h4x0rz".
more like "uB3r L4m3rz"
The only good hackers (and the only hackers there should be) are the ones working for the CIA

--------------------

l a g w a g o n
Makoto

Posted on 01-19-03 05:43 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
whoo hoo!
the problem is completly sorted, i used a virus checker and found 'TRJN.EXE'
(rather a stupid name if you ask me) so i deleted it, only then i had a problem with windows keep trying to run it, so a friend of mine fiddled about with windows a bit and maneged to find a second file which was avoiding being deleted and kept trying to get windows to call the trojan, deleted that file and all was well

advise: get a GOOD virus scanner, there usfull
MingShun

Posted on 01-19-03 08:25 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Is Norton a good virus scanner?

--------------------
Santa Smokie - Lvl 40 thieving creature.
Loots from the bad and gives to the good. Good Players can expect a jellopy in their stocking this year. Evil Players on the other hand can expect a missing glove. Where do the gloves go then? Santa smokie charges a finders fee of course.

Killing a santa smokie is bad luck, people have been known to lose many job levels when its ghost comes back to loot them. What do I recommend? Don't let it steal from you.
Makoto

Posted on 01-19-03 09:24 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yes, norton is one of the best

EDIT:
Originally posted by lagwagon
I hate those people... They can use a program that does some hacking FOR them and they call themselves "l33t h4x0rz".
more like "uB3r L4m3rz"
The only good hackers (and the only hackers there should be) are the ones working for the CIA

hey, the CIA isnt the only secret government agencey thingy, what about the english ones for a start?

and there are plenty of good hackers that dont work for anyone (i like the term 'white hackers' )

as long as there good... its good

(edited by Makoto on 01-19-03 01:42 PM)
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7615 days
Last activity: 7873 days
Posted on 02-14-03 01:34 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by lagwagon
more like "uB3r L4m3rz"

I cant help but laugh...
Giving the government that much credit...

And yeah, Norton is the best. I've lost count of the number of times it's saved me.
-----
"He who sacrifices a little liberty for a little
security will recieve neither and deserves none."
-- Thomas Jefferson
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 02-19-03 04:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
sorry to hear about the trojan makoto. i remember my early moments on the internet and receiving an .exe from my ex. it was supposed to be a picture, so i assumed it was a exectuable rar file. ended up being a back door orifice trojan and CIH virus. good thing i got it out before the 26th. more careful nowadays. and i think the sender wasn't my ex, but her bf at the time who didn't like me. such drama.

--------------------
Daishi, 48/35 Merchant

-i'll make a diff sig when i get around to it-
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 02-28-03 08:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
hehe.. I think Sasami would make a good hacker

CIA? I would say INS.. or secret Service.. or even FBI...

then of course you get some out of U.S. hackers

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
MingShun

Posted on 03-01-03 01:33 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think that anyone can hack. It just depends on who has the time and determination to learn the loopholes.

--------------------
I wonder....Gundam vs. Angry Anime Girl...
The real question is, would there be any surviving viewers?
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7615 days
Last activity: 7873 days
Posted on 03-20-03 04:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I cant help but laugh when I see people talkig about all these three-letter government agencies when the sneakiest and by-far most intusive one of them all is the IRS.

As for hacking, there are plenty of resources both online and in the written word, and since software and OSes are getting more and more complex (and seemingly worse and worse made), more loopholes arise to be found and exploited, which is annoying becasue those problems are usually used against you before you can find them and find some kind of counteragent. (blah blah blah blah...)

*sigh*
I hate Windows. Every operating system since the days of the Vic 20 have sucked.
I don't know why, either...

I thought all the secret service did was follow the president around (in front) and jump in front of bullets... Not much of a job if you ask me...
-----
What was I talking about?
MingShun

Posted on 03-20-03 04:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
What was the Vic 20?

--------------------
I believe there's a fine line between dreams and reality.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - be carefull all.... |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.015 seconds.