Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 09:42 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Encryption again >.> |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-24-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7508 days
Last activity: 7583 days
Posted on 01-28-03 02:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Appears they've gotten an encryption that's smarter than computers and original somewhat that requires that an actual hacker is on the other side.

Apparently it spams part of the packet to throw offsets off and changes the spam. You could get it, but you'd have to be pretty fast before the spam rate changes.

Also, a few more things...

How did the "buy anything from stores" thing work? I want a circlet >.>
And how does one hack the data file now?
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 01-28-03 03:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
there is no such thing as an encryption that cant be broken in this kind of case where bandwidth needs to be saved. There is no such thing as an encryption that cant be broken _period_, (in 64+bit encryption only if you have the key or lots of time). And in this case, the key would have to be contained in the client. It would be easily crackable with the right amount of persistance.
The buy anything worked by simply sending the packet to buy something with the right item name. i dont remember what the full packet was, but it was a 2 byte header followed by the 4 byte npc id follwed by a string of the items name 20 chars long.. or something like that... is easily captured and easily replaced, but i was under the impression they fixed it, never checked though as i quit....
and noone ever really hacked the datafile besides the persons that actually made the GRF editors, who where artforz and ... someone else... i have their names credited on the programs page... anywhos the only way you are going to get it now is #1 making something to repack grfs (the grf beta 1 extractor source is out there and the grf beta 2 extractor, no source) so someone with the ambission could try and figure it out. the other way is the same old trick everyone used, just gotta edit the assembly of the exe a little to let it through. they probably didnt take out the subroutines, just switched the order.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Encryption again >.> |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.