04-27-24 10:08 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Item Wipe |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7702 days
Last activity: 8007 days
Posted on 02-02-03 06:48 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
there's a rumor surfing around that there's going to be an item wipe when this beta period ends because it happened in kro and jro supposedly.

now i'm debaiting wether i should get a heal clip or sell all my junk. and even if i sell all my stuff how much money can i transfer over anyways this rumor is making me uneasy.

does anyone know anything about this rumor? sasami? @_@ either i lose a whole wack of rares or i lose a few mill if i can't transfer my money... seems like a no win situation to me.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7407 days
Last activity: 7407 days
Posted on 02-02-03 10:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Get the item clip. I believe gravity, if they are going to wipe, will only wipe the items that you don't have equipped. Of course, I'm basing this off of the last beta. But there's a 50% chance that they'll follow what they did last time, excepting the stat points.
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7734 days
Last activity: 7366 days
Posted on 02-05-03 08:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Thought you had one already lol.

Doesn't matter at the moment, five (major) bugs were largely publicized.

I've lost the will to play until Gravity moves their asses.
Magius

Posted on 02-05-03 09:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
yea someone just exploited a duping bug its supposedly been going on for a few weeks now but just went public.

now their considering a database wipe, character wipe, or a big time role back.

personally i think they should just wipe the database everything is so bugged out. the whole ro economy is messed up.

They might as well close the server for a while get rid of all the bugs rather then let people continue to play and dissapoint them further.
MingShun

Posted on 02-05-03 04:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Betas are like that sometime ^^"

I'm wondering how the other countries are going to handle it though.

If you ask me, just fix the bugs and keep going. The economy should even out eventually. I mean, real life has balance for a reason. It's natural that that balance can transfer to a game in some way.
Magius

Posted on 02-06-03 04:32 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
let's hope so i got about 15mill worth to equipment to lose 0_o...

on the other hand i'm expecting the worste to come, but since it is beta, its bound to happen.
MingShun

Posted on 02-07-03 12:34 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
You probably already know about the "no reset" news. Just in case though.

--------------------
I wonder....Gundam vs. Angry Anime Girl...
The real question is, would there be any surviving viewers?
Magius

Posted on 02-08-03 08:04 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yea i saw the news the value of my properties sky rocketed with the screwed up economy lol...

i'm glad gravity took actions like that, quite a bit of people got banned, one guild which i was shocked since they were the highest lvl and richest guild in ro... now we know how they got there so fast haha... well they will no longer be playing so too bad for them.
MingShun

Posted on 02-09-03 07:42 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I dunno...I think they'll just get another account and try to seriously mess up RO again.

Richest and most powerful for exploiting bugs...I'm sure they have the knowledge.

--------------------
Magius

Posted on 02-11-03 06:18 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
maybe but they'll just get banned again... its so pointless paying for a game to play online only to spend your time to cheat. what a waste of time, and on top of that your screwing it up for others.

You i find the screwed up economy kinda funny because people complain so much about the high prices. but really its the people that are screwing up the economy, they/we choose to sell things at high prices the money that was duped just makes it easier to buy things but it shouldn't effect it the way it has. However we're in a hole now cuz no one wants to sell things for cheap prices because everything else is so expensive. @_@ i wonder how this is gonna balance out.
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7615 days
Last activity: 7872 days
Posted on 02-14-03 01:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Magius what you have jsut described is INFLATION, the cause of, and solution to, all of our economic troubles. A long time ago, chocolate bars, big ones, cost as little as five cents. How long ago? I dunno, two, three decades? Not long.
1000 Lira = 85 CDN cents.
85 Canadian Cents = maybe fourty american ones.
I think 10,000 yen is the same as one hundred american dollars, but I'm probably off by a power of ten or so.
700 Rubles = $80 USD I think.

Anyway, enough of that (I'm better than the airport, I am! ).
Playing a game just so you can cheat and rub it in other ppl's faces is called a CHORE.
-----
I remember spending my first few days in the beta running around slaughtering porings so I could buy... what was it? a sword I think. 100z. Two days. Then I see people in the square, advertizing their wares for >120,000z. How awkward.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 02-14-03 10:20 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
inflation cant totally work in the rag world since dropped items cant be sold beyond a certain amount to NPCs and such, the NPCs make the game static and kinda screw up any inflation making it much harder for people who just started if inflation occurs to a point.
MingShun

Posted on 02-14-03 08:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Inflation exists T_T

Short Explanation:
People don't have to sell to NPC's. As long as there are willing buyers, rares can sell for a very nice profit. With each sale, people will try to sell for more. Inflation.

I wanted to say something else, but I can't remember what.

Long Explanation:
Ah, that's the beauty of money. The zeny system isn't regulated at all. True, NPC's only give so much for items, but you can sell to them an infinite number of times, and for the same price each.

NPC's are the primary source of money. People around lvl 50 should find plenty of things, 10k an hour is kinda rare for the high lvl people. They find plenty of nice rares..

People don't sell rare items to NPC's. Not when you can get them for a much greater price from a player. And people have money, because money isn't regulated. There's a market for these goods then.

As people get more money, they're willing to pay more and more. Hence, inflation.

Kinda sucks for novices and acolytes...2nd classes gather money far too quickly. I really felt like throttling my party member for bragging about his rare items. Woah, that admission made me feel better.

--------------------
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 02-15-03 12:19 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
what im trying to say is inflation doesnt work when rares arnt involved, which most of the time doesnt count with novices because they cant get rares so easily, in a closed environment right now its working, but if it was open with a constant influx of newbs it would kill everything. Rares are inflating, but normal items (lethers, jellopies, pots, etc) arnt, causing a major inbalence.
MingShun

Posted on 02-15-03 02:49 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
You're right. I forgot to take into account the new recruits. Err, hmm...my model seems to have a weakness. If I plug novices into the equation, I seem to get the same answer...rares will inflate. *Pulls out a pencil and paper* Where did I go wrong...

--------------------
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7615 days
Last activity: 7872 days
Posted on 02-15-03 09:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Dont forget that inflation is the re-evaluation of CURRENCY and not the value of ITEMS. The aggrivating part about the game I noticed in my ...heh... (says in a quiet voice) three months of play (resumes normal speech) is that 'staple' items like pots or, to a lesser degree, food, are not, and cannot be effected by inflation since the NPCs let them go cheap. Normal price for a red potion: 20z. SUPER DISCOUNT PRICE!!!: 19z. Sometimes 18 if the square in Prontera is really crowded, or 17.5 if you go in bulk. Once you get out and away from the NPCs in the towns, the prices go berserk. Sometimes a healthy 20 or 21z, other times youget shagged for 30z (or they try to, anyway).

Once someone was out in the woods and was overburdened, so I got some good stuff for a handful of change (at the time that was like, 100z for me. Hardly a sum for higer levels, I'm sure.)

NPCs are the only place where cash can be fabricated. It must be traded and passed around elsewhere. Items come from a wider source - monsters as well as NPCs (I think that's it, been away a while).

I never got too deeply into big-price items in RO or the time I played, spending time walking around and looking at the trees instead. Kickass trees in that game. The first time I have actually been awestruck by anything in a game.
Lol. Spending time guiding rookies from town to town is more fun than it sounds like... it ... is... you know.

As was mentioned before me, if inflation worked properly, the values for novice items would have to be adjusted. Constantly. It would build a true economy inside the game, something which I dont think is the intention of the game's creators (although this would be VERYVERYCOOL!, it would take a small team of people to simply MONITOR the damned thing). An eerily farmiliar example of this is how Everquest has influenced the outside, which is, REAL world. Supernerds selling game items online for real money on Ebay.
Sorry. That scares me deeply.

Anyhoo, I think I've repeated the same thing for a third time so I'll stop quasi-spamming now.
-----
I love economics and I love video games. I play Earth 2025 and I'm bad at it.
Fun, though. Losing as I do.
MingShun

Posted on 02-15-03 09:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, items these days fetch more profits from NPC's. Last I checked, I could sell a sticky webfoot for 22z Ea. (used to be 1z ^^")

Scells sell for like 98z Ea. (used to be 6z...). Of course, you have to fight goblins. Chon chons don't give scells anymore.

There's a small catch...Reds 50z. Yep, so expensive now, and they heal for about the same.

But if you don't buy reds, you can make a ton of money because many items sell for a lot more these days...except the 3z jellopy and the 4z fluff.

So yes, I think gravity decided to satisfy the demands of the players and improved the potential profits per hour rate. I think that's inflation.

On an off note, It was the nice looking buildings, and the ability to rotate them, that's what recruited me. Later, I enjoyed the neat music.

--------------------
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Item Wipe |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.