Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-01-24 10:02 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Does anyone know how the pen tool in illustrator works? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7411 days
Last activity: 7411 days
Posted on 03-30-03 06:22 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
It seems like it can make really nice lines, but I don't have Adobe Illustrator. So I'm asking for some technical details behind how it works, and maybe I can come up with an easy way to mimic it.

Theories:
1. Pen draws with a series of points. - If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it was the 2d variant of NURBS.

2. Pen creates a line that can be modified - With many control points, and the ability for the user to say when they're done...theoretically you can keep modifiying the line.

3. If you're not satisfied with the results, you can go back and remodify the lines.

4. Pen is not drawn freehand. It's difficult and annoying to get a mouse to draw lines well.

Am I completely off the mark?

--------------------
I believe there's a fine line between dreams and reality.
rgmxp

Since: 04-03-03

Since last post: 7675 days
Last activity: 7681 days
Posted on 04-18-03 04:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
you are on the right track, you can just do a single click to set a straight line, or click and hold to drag out a curve, afterward you can go back and edit the lines by either a white cursor, or a directional "V" arrow (depends on program)

what program are you using? Illustrator? Freehand?

(edited by rgmxp on 04-17-03 09:38 PM)
MingShun

Posted on 04-19-03 02:33 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Paint shop pro ;; But I was think of the point to point line tool when I wrote that.

--------------------
rgmxp

Since: 04-03-03

Since last post: 7675 days
Last activity: 7681 days
Posted on 04-20-03 08:25 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
ahh, sorry, no experience using Paint Shop before, only used Illustrator/Freehand/Flash. But all the basic concept still stands, just the individual programs might be a little different, just play around a little you will find out stuff pretty soon.
MingShun

Posted on 04-23-03 04:10 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I should have replied sooner. I already had a tool in mind when I wrote this thread. Point-to-point line on a vector layer. It's probably does not work exactly the same, but I'm glad it can substitute for Illustrator.

--------------------
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7619 days
Last activity: 7876 days
Posted on 06-22-03 06:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hey Ming, I dont't know if you'll see this, or if it's even still relevant, but I started teachig myself a little Illustrator, and I think I rudimentary grasp of the pen tool. If you still need help, just mail me at notmayl@hotmail.com, or respond here, but mail is faster.
-----
I'm only sort of paying attention to reality these days, so I may be a little slow on the respondings.
My preemptive apoligies.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Does anyone know how the pen tool in illustrator works? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.013 seconds.