Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-24-24 03:12 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Is Ragnarok worth paying money for now? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-03-03

Since last post: 7691 days
Last activity: 7691 days
Posted on 04-03-03 09:45 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hiya, do you like eating Ketchup Doritos by moonlight, talking long walks through dungeons and caves, and your name is Terra? Then please private message me and we can.....oops sorry wrong forums

Well the jist of this is umm I saw Ragnarok Online over a year ago at my friends house and he would ignore me and even his own girlfriend for days because of it! That should be enough to make me hop on board but I'd like some extra incentive into spending 10 of my hard earned dollars...well my moms hard earned dollars ;p...bah I talk too much!

Is Ragnarok worth paying money for now? I really wish to find a RPG to waste 1-2 hours a day on like I used to do with Final Fantasy at my friends house...we would stay up for hours trying to kill this thing or find that thing and...ahh I'm rambling on again :o) *jumps off a cliff*

--------------------
"Insert any FF6 Sabin line here"
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7404 days
Last activity: 7404 days
Posted on 04-03-03 08:08 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I shoulda done that! Oh wait, that wouldn't be good...

RO huh? trust me, you'd be wasting more than 1-2 hours a day for the first 2 or 3 weeks. After that, I'm not sure.

3 things:
1. You have to be able to handle 13 - 70 year old immature kids. Trust me, you'll know when you see one. About 1:4 I'm afraid. Just point, and you're probably right ^^;;
2. You have to be able to handle a foreign company's engrish. Personally, I find it cute. But I have experience translating that stuff.
3. The RO servers aren't exactly stable. Many things can happen at the worst times. D/c on the client side. Server hacked on the server side. It's a mess.

Well, those are 3 things that are bad about RO. If you think that you can handle it, here're 3 good things:
1. Other people. It's fun to make friends with others. Look for the good friends, and they can make the game really fun.
2. Rare goods. It's almost like gambling, except you're causing the extinction of an animal race.
3. Graphics, Music, Gameplay.

I'm sure there are more bad things, and more good things. But I figure 3 and 3 is easy to explain.

--------------------
I believe there's a fine line between dreams and reality.
=SabinRoni=

Since last post: 7691 days
Last activity: 7691 days
Posted on 04-04-03 06:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ah thanks, yeah I remember the graphics are great and music is nice, but I also remember the lag he had and dying before anything even hit him. Ah I'll probably end up signing up! It says it's over for awhile though, ah well

--------------------
"Insert any FF6 Sabin line here"
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7612 days
Last activity: 7869 days
Posted on 04-24-03 07:26 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I found that problem #1 isnt as big a problem any more and that Problem #3 had gotten worse since the game when pvp. I dont know. That's what I'm seeing.

While there isnt a whole lot more to it than going out and laying waste to animals and insects of all kinds (goodie!), the game more than makes up for it with music, graphics and having a pleasant social environment.

As for the inglesh, It doesnt bother me at all until the forget to use english chatacters... I've found that it's no worse than talking to one of those Hare Krishnaa guys at the airport. Broken english, but pleasant on the whole

Get stuff. Make friends. Kill things.
Fun!
-----
They got my ten dollars, and they'll get another ten soon.
But if you have no tolerance for getting jerked around by tech problems and, occasionally, reliability as a whole, then think carefully.

Hope this has been of help.
rgmxp

Since last post: 7668 days
Last activity: 7674 days
Posted on 04-27-03 09:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
if they were able to provide quality services and good gaming experience, I suppose its worth paying. But I'm hearing that the hacking community of RO is fixing problems faster than Gravity and are providing much better services and handling the RO gaming. so I don't know....O_o but yet again, they aren't providing RO to 5 different countries.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7404 days
Last activity: 7404 days
Posted on 04-28-03 04:15 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think the hacking community is there to say, "get your butt in gear or you're going to lose profits gravity" Once the quality is good enough, I think the hacking community will fade away.

--------------------
I love dreams.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7448 days
Last activity: 7405 days
Posted on 05-12-03 03:35 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
My g/f and I didn't pay to play Beta.. we feel that the game is not "stable" enough to worth paying

but now it is public again....... oi. so much merchant! The lag is still there (there will always of course)

I don't get as much CTD as I use to and don't "lag" death too much.. at least..

but we'll see that in the future

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Is Ragnarok worth paying money for now? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.017 seconds.