Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-19-24 05:26 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - iRO closes free beta again |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7434 days
Last activity: 7434 days
Posted on 05-30-03 06:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
LOL...this beta was kindda pointless for me considering nothing new have added or changed expect more lag and botters, but other than that it was quite enjoyable. In the short time, I've managed to get two of my characters to second classes plus I had over 3 million zeny. The sad part about this is I spent 2 weeks bored out of my mind hunting rares.

So even with this latest announcement from gravity that they are going back to pay2play starting June the 1st, I have no reason to continue playing. I have a party and a guild with more than 12 members and only 2 have decided to pay. This is because they started late and wish to achieve second class, but I'm guessing they will quit in a months time. For me, having been in beta1, beta2 and now beta3, it's more than enough...it's funny that with every new beta, the game gets every so more degraded. The game has no storyline, and is soley based on cuteness. Fighting xmas stuff in Lutie for a santa poring hat was weird...

Anyways, I can't imagine how gravity can keep people entertained. I played 2 days and got level 24/18. In a weeks time, I was almost ready for 2nd class. The world map is very small, so there's like no place to go. The only thing that kept me going was getting enough money for a guild stone and get as many hats as possible,...bleh~_~ oh well...at least I got everything that I wanted accomplished.

Now I hear that gravity will try to implement some new classes such as dancers, monks and crusaders, but even that alone won't make me want to pay. I can't believe after all this time, the same bugs keep occuring...sigh. Anyways, it was fun while it lasted; Good bye Ragnarok.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7351 days
Last activity: 7351 days
Posted on 05-31-03 10:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
you dont even know the haven it was during alpha, its degraded so much.. and all the newbies coming in cant see that cause they dont know how well it used to be... i dunno... but i myself dont see how gravity is still running...
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7555 days
Last activity: 7555 days
Posted on 06-01-03 07:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I am soooooo stoked for this p2p!
This is the first time I'm paying, and i know the p2p will sort out the freeloading noobs.
Also, we'll have access to sakray.
The reason i havent gotten bored playing all the free betas so far is that I dont try and lvl. If you just go and make all the characters and super high levels, you have nothing to play for.
I sit in the towns and talk to people, socialize. If you look hard enough, you can find the good players.

See any players in the p2p!

--------------------
l a g w a g o n
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7533 days
Last activity: 7502 days
Posted on 06-02-03 06:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I have to agree with Sasami... Alpha RO for some reason was one of the best playing exp's I've had in a MMO. It's wierd that when they add'ed class skills everything went to crap. It's kinda sad that I can't even remember much about why it was so great other then the players. Would love to be able to go back to those days of RO.
Mahou Seitou

Since: 08-02-02

Since last post: 7610 days
Last activity: 7610 days
Posted on 06-03-03 04:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
My friend is playing (thru my CC), and I can't even access their website for 3 days

Seems that gravity do not like paying costumers. (Or rather their web design skill sucks cause my friend can open the page, but can't access the form)

Anyway, RO is unforgettable for me (still), even though I did not get to play alpha and am now playing DAoC. It has a strange "draw" to it. I agree though, in the end, just like most MMOG's, people stay cause of the socializing they get in game. Those who wants new gaming experience always just go on to another game (and in a lot of cases, will at least try once to persuade their current in-game friends to move with them).

Last i heard the total player of RO english numbers up to 10k+ (with 2 servers), that's already a huge number considering DAoC only has max of like 40k+ player at peak time (and it has like urh.. 20+ servers total) So they do have something going on here. (Despite sucky costumer service, no feedback, no communication, people still play... hey!)

I personally find that RO is a very good base to start the next generation MMOG. (persistent world with permanently changing landscape)
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - iRO closes free beta again |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.018 seconds.