Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-25-24 11:13 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Ragnarok turn off! |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-17-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7622 days
Last activity: 7953 days
Posted on 06-11-03 02:39 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
It's been almost a year since I posted here but I've always considered this to be the small island of sanity amongst a river of stupidity which we call the Ragnarok communinty.

I was depressed with this beta not because it ended so swiftly ( i was expecting something like that to happen) but because the game has made no progress, the community sucks harder, and gravity managed to create and army of fan boys too dedicated to the ragnarok cause to be realize they're belting out money on an unfinished porduct that's doomed to boredum and repetitiveness anyway. Everyone's looking for servers. My friend even runs a server now but honestly I can't play the game without feeling a void anymore. it sounds gay but that first time they mysteriously shut down the server for the summer i was actually hurt. I dunno why, but now when i play i get emotions of frustration and annoyance. Maybe i'm a little extreme but it's how I feel. it sucks that the one game that really did have the potential to be my all time favorite game took such a horrible turn for the worst. I mean it couldn't have gotten much worse than this i think. Well Good luck ragnarok, from what I can tell you're gonna need it.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7357 days
Last activity: 7357 days
Posted on 06-11-03 06:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
here here

first, thanks for the sweet comment, i've often felt the same way about my little cubbie hole, but it still does get some bad apples, fortunatly, i just ignore it. I completly agree with pretty much everything you said, and do know there are many others out there that feel the same way as you. It has so much potential to both be there for people and rip apart their lives piece by piece. From what I gathered, it pretty much happened when the ceo of gravity left and all the good staff members (leaving only rejects) and when christy came in... *shrugs* it happens though, and so many people are blinded to its cuteness that they dont see it for what it really is.. bleh...
Chuckus

Since: 07-17-02

Last activity: 7953 days
Posted on 06-11-03 04:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
its funny, when I first came to these forums, i remember you fondly looking back at the alpha and reminiscing and feeling so down about it and so trying desperately to permanently distance yourself from RO in general. I thought you were crazy as I was just starting off.

Now here i am, reminiscing about the times when i could actually play the game with my friends and all i can think is I miss it. Much like you i've vowed to keep away from it as it just seems to open up old wounds.

Well, i guess that's life. I hope some of the many MMOs i hear under development here will see the light of day and will bring the same enjoyment that RO did.
RedSn0w

Since: 05-30-02

Last activity: 7662 days
Posted on 06-13-03 02:41 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
please stop pleasseeeeeeee (crying like a little girl)
i'm just kidding

well i think ragnarok is a good game
kinda expensive but its just 12$ a month not a big deal
i spend that much money for the movies and its only 2 hours
all i really need is a new computer

and i wanna try the alpha ragnarok that u guys are talking about maybe it will might change my current image of ragnarok.........any bye bye

--------------------
Have u ever look up into the sky at night and wonder......damn why the fuck am i looking up at the sky for.....sheesh....then you slowly walk back to your bedroom and fall a sleep
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7405 days
Last activity: 7405 days
Posted on 06-18-03 04:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
/pif - it's not the same anymore. Gravity's going too fast...too many new features...and parties don't last anymore. Gravity is forcing people to party because of the insanely tough monsters...but it's not a fair balance for the 2nd classes.

People are friends when they need something. And you need alot these days. I've found new friends...but I wonder where the old ones went /pif

--------------------
I love dreams.
Mahou Seitou

Since: 08-02-02

Since last post: 7617 days
Last activity: 7617 days
Posted on 06-18-03 04:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Old friends are just around the corner
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7450 days
Last activity: 7406 days
Posted on 06-22-03 02:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
gah.. it seems it was "possible" to hack the DB.. oi vey... doesn't these people know anything about security??

still same ol empty promises and a lot of piss off customers

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7405 days
Last activity: 7405 days
Posted on 06-22-03 05:00 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I don't think that anything can be perfectly secure, and I'm surprised it took so long for someone to hack the DB.

Cynically, maybe it was cause everything else was easy to hack, and it distracted the hackers from the holy grail XP But maybe Gravity has some security training that allowed them to hold out for this long.

Iono, but people will adapt.

--------------------
Ming Bling - Knight of Chaos

Ye Royal Dealer - Your Local Warp-Hopping Merchant
sakura

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7441 days
Last activity: 7441 days
Posted on 06-24-03 06:16 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I can't believe it took http://ro.pak0.com/ this long to finally call it quits. A true and dedicated fansite to the ro community, but in the end, Gravity screwed them.

I know it doesn't concern many people here, but when I was playing I relied on them for the great info. It's sad that they are closing, but kindda pity them for having wasted so much time and money on Gravity.

oh well, if you want to read the full article, you can always click on their link.

...During alpha and beta stages of iRO, there were so many things that happened. Hacking, botting, scamming, botting, bug exploits. oh, and did I mention botting? These things are expected to happen in an alpha or beta. But by the time a game goes commercial; these things need to be worked out. The real reason lies deeper than just loosing items off of our accounts. country that plays on iRO, you know of Gravity's lack of dedication towards iRO and it's fans. Ro.pak0.com has put forth a lot of time, effort and money to bring you the stuff we have. But regardless of how we may help the iRO community, Gravity has never given any fansite the respect it deserves.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7357 days
Last activity: 7357 days
Posted on 06-24-03 10:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
holy O.o... i so never saw that coming... i always respected pak0 a lot.. hmm better go see what they have to say, glad they finally gave up on gravity *read read*

[edit] thanks for bringing that to my attention *makes a news post at ixlair that says my thoughts*

(edited by Sasami on 06-24-03 03:39 PM)
AlainCh

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7610 days
Last activity: 7610 days
Posted on 06-25-03 06:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Gosh !!
just waked up ..
And see what a news I get ...

AlainCh ( even before a cup of coffeee!!!

AAAARRRGGHH!!!
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Ragnarok turn off! |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.