Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-09-24 12:59 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - emulated servers...? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 09-17-03

Since last post: 7539 days
Last activity: 7537 days
Posted on 09-17-03 05:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I used to play iro and my character was Kajiro, i was like a lvl 40 swordie but then it went pay to play, and seeing as i dont have that kinda money (almost $24 a month in canadian) i had / was forced to quit. i love ragnarok and i want to play it again even if i have to start from scratch. then my friend told me about emulated servers, and how they are free. but you have to start a new account. is this true? i can play ragnarok for free? please tell me if this is for real
Sandman

Since: 09-04-03

Since last post: 7499 days
Last activity: 7475 days
Posted on 09-17-03 05:11 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
hmmm.. are you talking about private servers? yeah its free depending on the owner but.. its entirely illegal... hmm emulated servers? errr... im not familiar with it...
Moeko

Posted on 09-17-03 05:33 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
illegal huh? well as long as they dont charge you money it shouldn't be illegal i think, but private servers you say, would you know where i could find them?
Sandman

Since: 09-04-03

Since last post: 7499 days
Last activity: 7475 days
Posted on 09-17-03 08:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
hmm i dunnow.. but that would be a hell-lot programming and stuff for the one maintaining the private servers... you could refer to other posts about it...

actually, as discussed in the forums of our RO, its really prohibited to have a private server... because you have to hack the client (i think) or their system to be able to make one... hmmm...

someone help me explain here hehe
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7418 days
Last activity: 7418 days
Posted on 09-17-03 05:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
For every person that moves to a private server, Gravity loses one more customer. That might not sound bad...except there's only one company contributing to the upkeep of RO. Gravity. Less money = less incentive to work.

I don't know if it's illegal (probably is), but it sure doesn't help RO become better.

I can only think of one emulated server. The others appear to be the actual server code itself. But hacking the client isn't really hard.
- First thing that you have to do is point the client to another server.
- Next, just update the client with as many new patches as you can, to ensure compatibility with that server (private servers tend to have more of the newer features compared to gravity)

--------------------
Ming Bling - Knight of Chaos

Ye Royal Dealer - Your Local Warp-Hopping Merchant
Moeko

Posted on 09-17-03 09:04 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well i hell as dont wana pay for ragnarok, its a great game in all but the iro team treats us like shit. they should have tried to fix all the problems and bugs b4 having us pay for the game (ie bots n stuff) i jus wana play any ideas on where i can find a private server?
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7463 days
Last activity: 7419 days
Posted on 10-07-03 08:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I wish they would fix the bot issue, but I don't see it happening anytime soon Sasami had some great idea, but Gravity think they are the "elite" in game and would not listen.. heck even Sony listen to their customer base..

We are still behind but it is not "too bad" per se.. I still play on there.. hehe.

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02

Since last post: 7519 days
Last activity: 7593 days
Posted on 10-07-03 10:49 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Of AEGIS.

http://snk.netdiscount.de/aegis/
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - emulated servers...? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.